Every homeowner in Orangefield, TX needs carbon monoxide detectors to protect their family’s health and safety. Carbon monoxide is a poisonous, invisible, and odorless gas that is completely undetectable without an alarm. If you breathe in this gas, it displaces oxygen in the body and leads to poisoning. You can prevent this by installing carbon monoxide alarms and maintaining your equipment.
“Jeff with Reed Service was extremely helpful in getting our air up and going. The installation was done by a professional group of guys. We went from burning up to needing a sweater within a day. Thank you Jeff and team for cooling us down!”
A malfunctioning or improperly installed furnace, fireplace, drier, water heater, or generator can emit excess carbon monoxide. It can also come from a blocked chimney, combustion engines, or vehicles in an attached garage. Mild exposure to carbon monoxide causes headaches, vomiting, nausea, and fatigue. Extreme exposure leads to unconsciousness, convulsions, heart and brain damage, and even death. You can prevent this by installing a carbon monoxide detector. An alarm goes off once the device detects a high level of carbon monoxide before it reaches life-threatening levels.
Battery-powered detectors are an ideal option for a homeowner since they continue to work even after a power outage. You will, however, need to check the batteries periodically to ensure that they are in perfect working condition. Electric detectors work well in a commercial setup.
Install an alarm on each floor of your house in the hallways near bedrooms. Another perfect place to install a carbon monoxide detector is near fuel-burning appliances to identify leaks immediately after they occur. It should always be higher up in the ceiling for more effectiveness.
Here are some common signs of a carbon monoxide leak:
Soot around the leaking appliance
Heavy condensation on the windows
Frequently blowing out pilot light
Yellow flames from gas appliances
A carbon monoxide detector has beep patterns that communicate different things. Four beeps and a pause indicate the presence of carbon monoxide in the air. On the other hand, five beeps every minute signify that the device has reached the end of its service life. A single beep each minute means a low battery.
If the alarm goes off, get everyone out of the house. Have a professional check your home and identify the source of the problem. The technician should inspect all appliances and fix issues to prevent reoccurrence. If anyone experiences signs of carbon monoxide poisoning, they should seek immediate medical attention.
Install Carbon Monoxide Alarms Today in Orangefield
If you need carbon monoxide detector installation or maintenance, reach out to Reed Service Company. We are a well-recognized company that is a Carrier Hall of Fame Inductee. We boast an A+ BBB Rating and nearly 50 years of experience. Our technicians provide exceptional results and professional assistance, which has kept our customers returning.
Contact Reed Service Company now to learn more about Carbon Monoxide detectors in Orangefield.